Tuesday 7 May 2013

Kovakka Peera Pattichathu (Tindora in Grated Coconut)


Kovakka (Tindora) is one the vegetables I like. I usually make kovakka fry(with onion) which goes well with sambhar.
Me and my sister used to discuss daily what each of us cooked. So one day she told me about Kovakka Peera Pattichathu and gave me the recipe for it.
I usually make peera with anchovies, so when I heard this, thought I should really try this out.
Here is the recipe for you all..





INGREDIENTS

Kovakka (Tindora) cut lenghtwise -  250 gm
Small onion chopped  -  5-6 nos
Grated coconut  -  1 cup
Green chilly slit  -  3 nos
Kudampuli (Gambooge) soaked in water -  2 nos
Garlic chopped  -  3 nos
Ginger chopped  -  1" piece
Mustard seeds  -  1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder  -  1/4 tsp
Curry leaves  -  few
Coconut oil
Salt  -  to taste

METHOD

Cut the kovakka (Tindora) lenghtwise.
And mix small onion, grated coconut, green chilly, garlic, ginger, salt, turmeric powder and curry leaves.Mix it well with hands.
Heat oil in a pan and burst mustard seeds.
Then add the above kovakka mixture.
Add the 2 pieces soaked gambooge and sprinkle little of its water.
Cover and cook on low flame for about 10 minutes or until kovakka is cooked and mixed well with all the other ingredients.
Serve hot with rice.







No comments:

Post a Comment